Hola my Loved Ones,
How is everyone doing? I love hearing from everyone. It brings great happiness to my alma-soul when I hear from you.
Well, this week has been one filled with great gozo-joy y-and many tears. It has been an amazing week. I can testify that Heavenly Father knows exactly what you and need and when you need it. He can be in ever aspect of our life if we allow Him to be.
Spanish Update- :) This is good. So...yesterday as a district we ONLY spoke Spanish ALL DAY. I was not looking forward to it the night before but...it was amazing. I can not tell the conversations that were in Spanish or if I had any in English. My two companions and I contacted Grandpa Allen in Spanish. I loved it and he gave us some great feedback. There were moments where speaking Spanish all day was a struggle but it was really good, I loved it actually and thought I wasn't going to say much but I said more that I thought I would. I'm not saying it was easy but rather I could feel the hand of the Lord life and support me during a difficult time. We had one appointment to teach an investigator based on his needs that I didn't say a word in except for the closing prayer. At the end of the day during planning Hermana Chartrand said something that really struck me and meant a lot. She said, "Everything you said had to be worth something." And it was. If I spoke any Spanish it had to be important and there was a strong desire behind it.
On a funny note :) Last night we had a sub for a teacher. Our teachers are off either getting married or asking parents for permission to marry someone :) The sub-teacher asked us where we were from, where we were going and then he introduced himself. He is going to BYU and majoring in business. I asked him a question about business school and then attempted to say IN SPANISH because it was an English "fast" ALL SPANISH DAY, My brother is going to the business school getting his MBA. Well...it came out My man-hombre instead of Hermano-is going to BYU to get his MBA. He then said in response, "Su hombre?" My mind was burnt out from Spanish and I didn't recognize the difference even though they don't even sound the same. My response, "Si, my hombre" I knew right then and there that something wasn't right. This was during class and in front of my entire district. I turned to Hermana Bergin and she said, "Your man?!" Right then and there I had a very importance choice to make. Do I start balling my head off and let tears stream down my face or do I laugh uncontrollably? Well, I chose the better route and laughed so hard I cried. :) I hope you enjoyed that story.
Being a missionary is one of the most amazing things that I will every be able to do with my life. I will forever cherish this time called to serve. A lot of the speakers who have come recently have spoken about the similarities of our calling as missionaries with the 12 Apostles. As Elder Holland, Perry, Anderson, and Oaks have come they have all said, my fellow servants and mentioned how our calling is similar to theirs. I'm not trying to boast with the sacred calling of a missionary but instead share with you that I recognize that I have a very sacred stewardship. Every day I wake-up the first thing I do is put my name tag on. I am honored to be able to wear Christ name on my chest.
I absolutely LOVE being companions with Hermana Bergin and Hermana Chartand. We are seeing countless miracles each and every day together. They are two of the sweetest people I know. You should send them a DearElder. That would be SO GREAT! They are going to San Jose, CA leaving the same time I am which should be Jan 19th. They have completely taken me into there companionship and wrapped there arms around me. On Tuesday we got to leave the MTC! :) I love being here but it was sure an adventure. Hermana Bergin has had pain from one of her toenails. I won't go into detail :) but she needed to see a doctor to get it looked at. I feel bad for her. The doctor numbed up her toe which was very painful and then started hacking at her nail. I have never seen someones face have so much horror on it ever before. Hermana Chartand...she...she almost pasted out. I didn't know which companion to help. I said a lot of prayers and laughed a lot :)
The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the message there of is the only thing that can save the world. Allow it to take part in EVERY aspect of your life. Is there a part of your life that does not have the Gospel, the spirit in it? Figure out how to be COMPLETELY immersed and surrounded by it. I know that as you do so your life will become better. It will not necessarily become easier just sweeter and filled with TRUE joy.
I know that God is our Father in Heaven. He loves us and greatly desires for us to return to Him. Christ is our Savior. Let Him enter your heart. As you do you will feel your pains relieved and life will be Sweeter. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Much Love, Hermana Banaszewski
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment