Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/5/10

Hello! HOLA!

Can I just say...I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I truly believe that I am one of, if not THE most blessed person on the earth. I've been blessed with trials, joy, great people all around me, THE GOSPEL...WOW!

Life sure is hard but it is so sweet. With out the times of great trial and pain we would have no concept of how sweet life can taste.

Ok, I'll start out with an update about Spanish. With out fail everyday I say something in Spanish that...lets just say people laugh a lot around me. I can't wait to get to NY. I'm just glad I'm already use to people laughing :) I love it. Most importantly though my Spanish has greatly improved. The gift of toungs is real. Yesterday Hermana Hinton and I taught lesson 2, the Plan of Salvation in the TRC to a pretend investigator in SPANISH! As it came time to speak about the Atonement I could feel the spirit there. One of my Teachers, Hermano Clark was observing, I didn't know he was there but after the lesson he came to me and said I spoke perfect Spanish when testifying about La Expiacion, the Atonement. It was amazing...and then...he said, "I was getting so excited and couldn't believe it and then I could see you doubting your Spanish and it wasn't as good." Lesson-Don't doubt yourself. Trust in the Lord. He is truly there and sustains us at all times.

As I have been able to testify in Spanish I can feel the Spirit testify in my heart that it is true. It is incredible. This week we are speaking Spanish for 4 straight days, NO English...please pray for me :) which I know you are, thank you.

This week I am also learned a lot more about acting on spiritual promptings. We question ourselves so much if what we are thinking or feeling is a prompting from the Holy Ghost or our own thoughts. I've quickly learned, Don't Question, just DO. ACT-my challenge to all of you is to ACT this week-will you do that? I want to hear about the times you do and the outcome.

I have my Companion, Hermana Hinton Back. She was released from Corunteen on Sat. Its great to have her back. I loved and learned SO MUCH from being companions with Hermana Bergin and Hermana Chartrand. Hermana Chartrand could use some dearElders if your looking for an opportunity to Serve-This is all the information you'll need to send either of them DearElders- Hermana Kristeen Chartrand; Hermana Mariessa Bergin Mail Box # 355(Same as Mine) Mission-San Jose, CA, dept date 1/19/10.

Coming to the MTC has been such an amazing, interesting, hard experience. I have loved every min of it even when I thought I was going to die. I can't tell you how grateful I am that coming here I realized that I was starting my mission NOW and not when I get into the field. Such tender promptings have been so sweet. As I look back I can see people coming close to Christ. This work is incredible. On Friday I had Hermana Bergin and Chartrand teach me as me, not as an investigator. As the taught me they spoke the exact words I needed to hear. The spirit testified to me that they are true representatives of Christ and they have to power to speak His words. It was incredible. I need to not doubt myself and put more trust in the Lord for I where the same name on my chest, above my heart as they do.

Go forth and serve my Dear LOVED ones. Walk with Greater Faith. The Lord stands beside you, I promise. As you do your life will be sweeter. Not necessarily easier but sweeter. I love all you you very much.

Love, Hermana Banaszewski

PS-I see my old roommate Hermana Hill Grey ALL the time here. Its fun.

(I got the new years box, thank you so much)
Rachel-please tell Mel thanks for the box. I love you and never forget about you. :)_

No comments:

Post a Comment