Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 12, 2010

Hola!

How are all of you doing??? Thank you so much for your letters. Its so hard to write every one back :( Sorry, the only time I really have to write is when I'm doing my laundry and there are clothes flying all over the place :) I GREATLY appreciate all of the letters I have receive and not one goes un-noticed.

Ok, First things- I GOT MY FLIGHT PLANS!!! Yeah! I'm actually kind of sad I'm leaving. I'm excited as well but I will miss those I have learned to love. It has been an extremely hard but EXTREMELY rewarding experience being at the MTC-CCM in Spanish :)

On Monday Hermana Hinton and I had our last appointment in the TRC-where we practice and teach investigators. Our lesson was lesson two again like last week but this time adding the law of Tithing. All morning I wasn't feeling very good about our lesson. I wanted so bad to do our very best. Before we went to the TRC I poured my heart our to Heavenly Father in prayer expressing my great desire to do our very best and that all who where there would feel of the Holy Ghost. As we arrived at the TRC I was stressed. I peaked in the room our investigator was sitting in and AHH!!! It was the SAME lady we taugh LAST WEEK in the TRC who intimidates me AND...we JUST taught her lesson 2 with the Word of Wisdom. I had two choices to make. I could either feel doomed or whip away all stress, fear, and doubts and CRUSH the lesson with my Companion and the Spirit. Whew am I grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost. As we taught the spirit was extremely strong. My companion and I said things in Spanish that we had never before said. It was such a blessing. I asked questions in Spanish and...Blessings from above. After the lesson was over I asked her if I could speak in English. She said yes and I proceeded to express my love for her. For her as a person not her as a "fake" investigator. What amazed me the most is the love that I gained for this random woman that I had taught four times for a half an hour.

The love of God is real. He desperately wants all of us to return to Him. Have I said lately how HAPPY and GRATEFUL I am to be a missionary. I can hardly believe that our Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a great gift. I ONLY have 16 months left. It seems like such a short time however I know I will have days that it feels like eternity but right now...I ONLY have 16 mo left.

ok-Flight plans: I leave on MONDAY the 18th of January. I leave the MTC at 3:00 AM-Please pray for me :) 3:00 AM! Our flight leaves at 5:50 from SLC, and I arrive in NY at 1:45. I have a layover in MN. I am traveling with 3 Elders and I am the only Sister. They made me the Travel leader. Why? I have no idea but I've already told two of the Elders that they better behave for me or else :) One of the Elders is HUGE! I'm not too worried about my safety with Him around. Elder Washburn from my district is coming which bring much comfort to me. He is an amazing Elder and then there is another Elder that I have not met yet. I have no idea when I will be able to call but it will only be for a short time from 3:00-5:20 am so...be ready. Please send me your phone numbers through DearElder ASAP to make sure I have them. If you send any DearElders after Sat I will not get them.

I have learned so much this last week. I have greatly felt the love of the Lord in my life.

I love all of you so very much. Spanish is coming along. I am excited to get to NY. Keep working hard and know that I think of you often when appropriate. Thank you for keeping in contact with Rachel.

Trust in the Lord, He will never leave you alone.

Much Love
Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment