Holá!
I am SO HAPPY to be able to e-mail. This week I wasn't able to write all the letters I usually do so I apologize right now.
First off I hope and pray that all of you know how much I love you. I pray and think about you daily. I can't tell you how much your letters mean to me and they always come right when I need them. Thank you very very much for them. DearElder.com is working like a charm! I love being able to read your letters so soon after you have written them.
The MTC is AWESOME! I love it. The first 10 days were...I learned a lot :) but now things are going great which means I'm gearing up for another humbling time to come soon. That will probably happen next week or so we our teachers start only speaking to us in Spanish.
Speaking of Spanish...is it going much better than I thought. It is still super hard and I always feel behind but I have never felt the that I have been taught by the Spirit this much in my life. Its is increadable. The other day I was working on the computer and I had a LIGHT BULB moment with Spanish. I literally clapped my hands and shouted hallelujah!!! I've been going to a Spanish tutor and doing all I can to work smarter and hard. On Monday I went to the TEC, where we practice what we learn with investigators, and My companion and I "picked up an investigator and brought them to church on the bus" it was neat. I realized I know more Spanish than I thought. I am having half Spanish dreams too! So over all it is coming but I still realize I have TONS to learn and NEED the prayers. I can see how the Atonement is even having a part in me learning Spanish. (thank you Julie for that insight)
Thank you for keeping the blog going. Some of my friends have written me and told me the keep up on it. I really appreciate the work that is going on for me. I recognize the sacrifice.
On Monday I was also able to teach lesson two with Herman Hinton. It is on the plan of salvation. This lesson was AWESOME! I really felt the spirit there strongly and words just flowed. The woman we taught was young and had her 1 year old there. We spoke about families at the end of the lesson and how you can live forever with your family. I asked her how bad she wanted to live with her family forever and she said very much. Then with the guidance of the Spirit I asked her how much would she do for that. She said a lot. I said, would you be willing to be baptized to life with your family forever? :) Woot! mind you she's already a member but she said YES! It was a great experience.
I love being able to see Grandma and Grandpa Allen here. On Sunday I saw them in the cafeteria getting dinner. That was fun. I see them every couple of days and I love seeing there smiling faces.
We had our first snow since I've been in the MTC. I love it and dread it all at the same time. Its really beautiful but the other day I had the sudden realization that I'm going to be out in this for many hours a day when I get to NY. I'll be blessed...I might be cold but I'll be blessed. Christmas is coming up and I'm actually really excited to be in the MTC for it. I'm really going to miss being home and with my loved ones but...it will be great here as well. This is were I'm suppose to be so it will be great. The MTC had decorated some trees with lights and has a little nativity up. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the pretty colors when walking back to my casa, (home).
OH! So sometimes its hard to remember or think about the people in NY that I am preparing to teach. I would love any pictures of NY to help remind me of the place I am already falling in love with.
OH!!! Bad news if you didn't know already, I can't call on Christmas in the MTC but I can call from the airport when I leave for NY :)
Today I was able to go to the Temple. I LOVE being able to go. I had a really neat experience with my family names. I was able to watch the baptisms be done and then be confermed for the names. Afterwords I was SO happy. Being able to learn more about how important missionary work really is brought so much joy to me know that such work continues on after we leave this earth.
I know the Lord loves each one of us. I am doing great and loving this work. Honestly this week was pretty hard but it has been the best week so far. God has a plan for each one of us and knows us by name. He is aware of ever detail of our life and wants us to have joy. Go out and exclaim such joy. The world is falling apart but we do not have to. We can have joy in the darkest moments. Our prayers will be answered, they may not be how or when we want them but He hears us.
I love all of you very much. Again, thank you so much for your love, letters, prayers, and for ALL you do for me. I thank God everday for the loved ones in my life.
Its amazing to see how good this work is. I see the hand of the Lord in EVERYTHING I do. This work sure isn't easy but is so sweet.
Love, Hermana Banaszewski
JENNIE-please dearelder.com me right away when you hear more about the baby! Woot Woot
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment