Thursday, December 3, 2009

Surprise letter 12/3/09

Hello All!!!

Not expecting an email from me today? Me nither! The Elders in my district have to do service on our p-day so they get 1 hour of e-mail time, 30 min on tues and 30 on thur and for some reason the sisters do too! We just have to cram the time some how to be able to do it.

Any way. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a missionary! It is AWESOME! Really. I've had some really neat experiences. Last night in class we were going over how to help our investigaters feast upon the words of the scriptures and not our words. There are five steps when teaching. 1. prime the pump and explain the history of the scripture you are going to read 2. read the passage 3. apply the scripture to them 4. testify 5. leave with a commitment. Our teacher Hermano Clark deminstrated this for us and felt like he should teach Elder Washburn. After the teaching Elder Washburn was in tears saying that was exactly what he needed to hear and the very scripture is the one he has on his plaque at home. Hermano Clark then had us pray with our companinon and listen to the spirit at to whom we should teach in our district. We all did not knowing if we would match up right and then prepare a message for them. Lets just say the spirit was really stong and mighty. It all worked out perfectly. The Elders we felt we should teach felt they should teach us and when we taught the spirit was very strong. Its hard to discribe but just know this work is REAL. It is amazing how much our Father in Heaven loves us and wants us to feast on the words of Chirst.

On Monday I forgot to mention that not only did my Companion, Herman Hinton and I do door approaches in Spanish we also taught the first lesson in English for the second time. I LOVE this work. I LOVE IT! Its hard but I live LIVE and THRIVE for the moments when I can testify and endure through the hard times. Hermana Hinton and I taugh much better our second time around. We taught an elderly man that was very sweet to us. Everytime I testify of this great work or a principle of the gospel I am overcome with the spirit.

I am doing my best, working as hard as I possibly can and not wasting anytime.

I wanted to tell you a little bit about my district. I spend about 500 hours out of the 24 in a day spent with them. OK, not really but I spend most of my time with them and in our class room. Picture should be comeing soon. Hopefully. Elder Curtis is our District leader. He is from WA going to TX with my Companion. Elder Allen, Hermana Bergin, and Hermana Chartrand are going to CA, Elder Anderson (From REXBURG) is going to PITT, Pensil. with Elder Burnham and Elder Glover. Elder Washburn is going with me to NY. They are all amazing young men. I have loved watching them grow in the gospel. All of us are SPA speaking.

As of right now Hermana Hinton and I are STILL the only ones in our room. There are suppose to be six of us but :) Its just the two of us and I LOVE it. Its a huge blessing. Hermana Hinton wants other Sisters in there but...I like the retreat. We have two wonderful teachers. Hermano Clark and Hermano Chaves.

My Branch President is wonderful as well. He served his first mission in Guatimala and El Savador.

Live is great. Its sure hard and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE getting dearElders and hearing from you. If you want to send anything fun I would love that as well.

MUCH LOVE: Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment