Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rachel's 1st Letter dated 11/24/09

Hmm. OK. The e-mail I just wrote was deleted. OK, time to start over. I only have 20 minutes.

Most of all I want all of you to know how much I love you. I can't tell you how much the letters and DearElder.com have helped me. The MTC has been hard. Or rather I've had a hard time. But when I reach my breaking point the lord has given me much needed tender mercies. God lives and I am so grateful for that. With out heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ I would be so lost right now.

OK, to answer some of your questions: The food: It's great because I'm not making it and I'm not cleaning up :) Enough said :) Actually its better than I thought it would be. My companion is Hermana Hinton. She is from Orem, UT. She went to BYU-I for three years before serving a mission. She came in the same day I did. We are very blessed because as of right now we are the only two in our room that is supposed to have 6. I'm kinda hoping it stays like that for a little bit but I think tomorrow we'll get more Hermana's

My schedule is SUPER packed! I've hardly had time to even think which is a good and bad thing. The first week is the hardest and things are getting better. I love my district. We spend most of our time in our class room studying and such. I'm very grateful for each missionary in there. We have two other Hermana's in our district as well. There is another Elder that is going to NY with me but the rest are going to PA, CA, and TX. My companion is going to Fort Worth, TX. WE are all SPA speaking. I love speaking Spanish. I really can't say much but we are learning how to pray, bear testimony and meet people. Honestly I am struggling with the language but I can feel it coming. I have learned so much with the Spirit. It is incredible.

But... what I do know is this: :) Mi Testimonio (sorry if stuff is wrong, I'm learning) Yo testifico que la inglasia de Jesucristo es verdad. Jesucristo vive Jesucristo es nuestro Redentor. El libro de Mormon contiene I plentud del Evangelio. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Ame :) So when I first learned how to bare my testimony in SPA I was reading it from a paper. then my teacher said we had to do it by memory and contact other missionaries on our floor. (PS we are on the forth floor... we go up and down the stairs a lot. My legs are getting ready for NY to say the least) Anyway, I went out into the hall and practiced as hard as I could. I cut my testimony short so I had hopes of being able to do it. All I said was I testify that I know Jesus Christ lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. As short as it was, in a VERY busy hallway flooded with noise and craziness, I felt the spirit so strongly as I repeated those soft and humble words to myself. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He lives. He is as real as you and I. How grateful I am for the knowledge of the Atonement and to feel it in my life.

To be honest, its been hard being here. But right when I needed it I was blessed with exactly what I needed. I would see someone I knew or feel a swelling of the sirit or be able to understand something in SPA that I never could before.

It's been GREAT seeing Grandma and Grandpa Allen here as well. I Wish I could give them a hug but . . . not allowed.

Please send this to Jennie. I saw a friend of hers here that I met at BYU-I. Right after... a really hard time she came up to me and said that during Relief Society when Sister Cook, from the YW general pres was speaking on Virtue and asked for examples of women of virtue she thought of Jennie. She started crying and said she is on a mission because of Jennie's example as a missionary. Neat story.

OK only a few more minutes. Thank you so much for all you do for me.

I love my family. I'm so grateful for all of you. This is the Lord's work. I think about you often as I study and am learning more about the Gospel.

With much love,

Hermana Banaszewski :)

No comments:

Post a Comment