Hello!
First, I'm not sure Patty got my e-mail from Tues. She wrote me from dearelder and said she was sad she didn't hear from me. I have her e-mail address correct but I'm not sure whats going on.
Ok, after writing on Tuesday I felt really bad. I realized I talked all about me and what I'm doing but I really want to know how everyone else's life is going. This work isn't about me, its about everyone else.
There are so many people supporting me on my mission. I have felt very humbled with all the support and love. Thank you, thank you so much for what you do for me and for this work. I am humbled EVERY day. My heart is full with thanks and words can not express how I truly feel.
Yesterday I went to the RC, where you call people that have ordered a DVD or Book of Mormon and such. It can be a little nerve racking at times but I loved it. I called one man who happened to grow up on the South Side of Chicago :) that had ordered a Family Forever DVD. I asked him if I could send a Book of Mormon as well and he said no and was about done. I kept talking to him though and pretty soon he was telling me all about his life and how he use to be an alcoholic and drug attic and now he goes to his church and feels he has been saved. To make a long story short together him and I spoke about how much we love God and know that He is real along with our Savior and the Holy Ghost. I read a scrip in Alma about Christ and the Atonement. When I was done he said, "That's true, that's so right." WHOOO! Yep, he's right, it is true. Then I asked him if I could send a BOM again, he said only by mail. We talked some more, I gave him some more verses to read when he gets his copy and then asked again if the missionaries could bring the BOM he said YES! Woot! He's going to read and pray about it! SWEET!
I was so excited! I'm not sure how he is going to receive it but that is not my place to judge. I have a return appointment to call him back next week and we are going to talk about what he read and how he felt. There are many ways to do missionary work, even on the phone or through chatting. At the same time Hermana Hinton had an AMAZING conversation on chat with a wonam.
I know that this work is great. You can share the message of the gospel even with just a smile. I know the Church is true and that God lives and loves us.
We got new sisters in our room last night. My heart was eased when I say they are all pretty much normal :) The Sister that sleeps above me when to BYU-I for three years and recognized Amy from a picture. Shes a Elementary ED major.
How is Christmas plans coming along? Getting any shopping done? Just remember what the real meaning of Christmas is. Its about Christ and serving. There is where you will find the greatest happiness.
I can't express my love and gratitude enough. I love you all so very much and think about you often. I pray for you every day and as a District we pray for our families and loved ones...in SPANISH too :)
Much Much MUCH LOVE,
Hermana Banaszewski
(Rachel- I got your package! Thank you so much! I love it all so much and...Thank Mel too. Thank you WOOT).
(PS Will some one tell Pres. Milner about the blog so he can keep up if he'd like, thanks)
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment