Monday, March 8, 2010

3-8-10

Dear Family,

How is everyone doing? I hope all is well. This week has been one of great struggles but many great things have happened as well. To say the least its been an interesting week. I think one of the biggest lessons I've learned being a missionary that this mission is more for me than anyone else. We do our best to not think of ourselves and go out and serve other people but more and more I see my weaknesses, my faults, my pit-falls. I want to have confidence in myself as a missionary but I find that I don't have confidence in myself but rather in the Lord. This is a very humbling work to say the least.

This week Claire* was confirmed a member of the Church. It touched and softened my heart so much to see the changes that are occurring in her life and her families life. We were also able to find Jerry* again! We gave his name to the Elders because in our area (only) we are not suppose to teach single men. They haven't been able to contact him. We all decided we were going to go full force with Jerry* and all of us look him up when we can. Well, yesterday we knocked on his door and he was home. Jerry* is an AMAZING man in his 20's I think, maybe early 30's. The best and only way to describe Jerry* is that he is Alma the younger. Almost exactly to the T and is in the stage of his life of feeling remorse for his sins and wanting SO badly to feel a remission of his sins and be clean again. It was an incredible time meeting with him yesterday. He is planning to come to church this Sunday and I am praying that he will make it. I have never met someone more prepared for the Gospel and needing it so much right now.

I have to sign off but I'll get back on. Life as a missionary is amazing but it is difficult. Anything worth it takes work, effort, change, and energy. This work is DEFINITELY worth it. I can not believe that Heavenly Father knew how badly I needed to serve a mission and has allowed me to see so great miracles each and every day.

* Names are changed to protect their privacy.


Ps-PLEASE SEND ME PICTURES-You can send them on the e-mail but printed ones would be awesome as well. I just miss all of your faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment