Hello My Loved Ones,
This week was another great week. It was filled with...I'm not even sure what. It was a busy week with a lot of food. Yesterday we had a dinner appointment at 3 and then we went to visit the family of C*-who was baptized. Her mother in law is in our branch and invited us over. When we got there they fed us MORE. I thought I was going to pop. Then we went to meet with an investigator-R*. She is awesome. She works a LOT like everyone else here and has been really hard to get a hold of so we actually haven't seen her in about a month. When we got there she was making tortillas and I thought, no, please, anything but more food. We watched her make them and had a great conversation. I really felt like we gained more of her trust. But then...the question, "How many would you like?" AHHH!!! Meal number 3-THREE! "Please just one." When eating there food it is a sign of acceptance and love. When I get home I'm working out for 4 hours a day. :) When Hermana Crandell and I were eating R* was in the kitchen. Needless to say, I stuffed the food, cheese and all into my pocket. She is a great woman that believe a lot in Christ. Then we went to visit a member family, the S* family. They are wonderful. When we got there guess what- More food. We had an appointment right after the S* family as well so we told them we couldn't eat so they gave us some pupusas to eat later. Whew!
The work is going great. Y*-one of our past investigators returned from El Salvador. She brought us back a picture of Christ and had engraved on the back Las Missionaras. She is a single parent with two young boys. She has an extremely soft heart as well. I have really high hopes for R* and Y*.
This mission is so unique. I have the blessing of being able to experience about EVERY culture. If not EVERY culture then all of the Spanish speaking ones. Its not like serving in Chili or Columbia. Here I have the opportunity to eat foods from everywhere and get to know all types of cultures.
Zone Conference- We had Zone Conference this week. It was amazing. This transfer we have been focusing on the Atonement. The transfer ends the 12th and we all think Hermana Crandell will be leaving. She's been in Flushing for 6 mo and has talked to every Spanish person here about 4 times :) Anyway, The Atonement is amazing. Christ truly suffered for us, for our sins, for all that we will, have, and are going through. We talked about applying the Atonement more in our lives as missionaries. It seems that as missionaries we are able to teach people about the Atonement and help them partake of it but do we let it affect our lives? Its difficult to describe all of the lessons and knowledge I gained. Most importantly I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, the Savior of the world. He is exactly that for us, our Savior. He saves us from our sins, our pains, the times in our lives we can't carry on and all the other times as well. We need to focus EVERYTHING we do around Christ. The Atonement can effect every part of our lives, even with my Spanish :) When we don't partake of the Atonement and feel that after we work on our own or seek to let Christ in our hearts once we are better people is like when we are sick saying we will wait to take the medicine until we are better.
I wanted to say something profound-something that would move your hearts to feel of the spirit, to have the desire to come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ but my words are inadequate. Feeling of the spirit and partaking of the Atonement will come when one is ready and willing. When one Comes unto Christ, is shown his weaknesses, humble, had faith, and then made strong (Ether 12:27) More than ever before I have been shown how weak I am, how many faults I have, and how inadequate I am but it is through and with the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we are taken from who we are to where we need to be.
My heart bursts for all of those I love. Things are going really well. Spanish is coming more and more although I know I still have a LONG way to go. I know there are times ahead that I am going to need to struggle but it is applying the Atonement even with my Spanish that will help me and allow this work to continue forth.
Jesus is the Christ, He is our Savor, He loves us and knows each one of us personally. He is here to succor His people. He stands knocking at the door. Are we letting Him in.
I love you so much. Have a wonderful week and love/enjoy conference.
Much Love,
Hermana Banaszewski
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment