Monday, March 15, 2010

3-15-2010 #2

Hello!

I've printed out the e-mails I've received but haven't read them yet. There is a long wait for the computers today so while I wait for my last 1/2 hour I'll read them and then hopefully respond back :) So I'm writing this with out having read them first.

This past week has been pretty good. It was a toughy but we worked hard. It seemed that almost everyone we were meeting with weather it be less-actives or investigators were all in the hospital. lol. So we spent a lot of time visiting people there. We had a couple funny experiences too. There is one woman named Laura that we visit. She is a less-active, about 70+ years old and is sweet. She doesn't talk much but she loves it when we sing to her. (Thats been one miracle on my mission, people actually feel the spirit when I sing :) ) Anyway, she is very sweet. The other day we were walking to her apartment to visit her and she was walking in at the same time. I said hello energeticly and then...ooo...I was exptreemly confussed. She was yello. I thought, was she painting something? Was she using dye? She was YELLO. SHe spoke to us in Spanish and all I got was that she didn't feel well and she walked inside. I just thought, ok, maybe we wont visit her today. Hermana Crandell turned to me and said, she's on her way to the hospital. WHAT?! Hermana Crandell, Did...did she look yello to you? We turned to each other with confussed faces, "What just happened?" We were both so confussed. She was up and walking around just fine. A few days later we went to visit her again. She wasn't home but her son was. He isn't all there sometimes. We asked him if his mom was home and all he knew what that she was in the hospital but didn't know which one. So the hunt began. We had another less-active the the hospital as well so we went to visit her, her name is Flor. Flor was there but we couldn't find Laura. We found out by making a couple phone calls that Laura was in a differnt hospital. We went to go find her. We went to the other hospital and found what room she was in. As we were looking for the room some nurses were wheeling a bed down the hall. All I could see of the person was the top of there hair. I knew it was Laura. The bed passed and we followed. Her son was there with her. He said she had some tumor thing in her stomach and the doctors thought it might be cancer. She didn't look yellow anymore witch was good. A couple days after we went back to visit again. She doesn't have many people that would visit her so we thought we'd sing a song and give a little comfort. Her two sons where there when we came. She looked a lot better but was yellow again. We sang and I told her to have hope, it will all work out. After we sang we spoke with her son in the hall. He said thank you so much for coming, (her son is not a member) she always talks about the two of you come by and visit with her. It felt good that it seemed we were making a difference in someones life and they felt the love of our Father in Heaven through us. He then said, (this was on Wed.) that they wake would be on Friday between 6-8 and that he'd call us with more information later. Well...we left offering our services for whatever we could do to help. As we left I turned to Hermana Crandell..."SHE'S GOING TO DIE!" Hermana Crandell, "WHAT?!?!" How'd you get that? Me: Who else could the wake be for? HC: Whats a wake? me: A place where people...its like a viewing. HC: WHAT??? We were both stumped. I questioned, "How could someone plan a wake when the person is still alive? We were both so confussed. I didn't understand how Hermana Crandell just stood there when her son told us about his MOTHERS wake and then we left. We didn't know what to do. I though, do we have his number, maybe we can go back and get his number and ask some more non-direct questions. Basiclly this is all we know after talking with him again: Someone died, the wake is not for Laura, she will be reliesed sometime but we don't know when, she going to live with her son but we don't know where he lives, and she is still yellow. :)

I thought you might like a funny story from last week. Along with the stories like this are spiritual ones but this gives a picture of what a life like a missionary is like.

The other day we were out going to look up a referal that the Elders gave us. As we were walking we were also talking to people we saw on the street. I have been working to be much better when talking with people. Instead of here is a free video to, You are a son/daughter of God, Jesus Lives and loves you. THe first two things that ....

OK-I'll continue soon my time is up.

I love all of you SOOOOOOOOO much. I pray for you EVERY day.

Much Love,

Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment