Hello all,
It feels like its been such a long time since I've been able to write you. I have a long list of things I want to tell you so hopefully I'll be able to get it all out and give you some infomation that will help you know where I am :) I am now serving in Midwood Brooklyn. Our area is HUGE! Somedays to get to one place we have to walk, take a bus, and a train just to get there. I haven't been to far from where we live yet so I actually still don't truly understand how big our area really is. From the map its almost...I think, or more than 1/3 of Brooklyn. There are as many Jewish people here in Brooklyn as there are Chinese people in Flushing. lol. Not really but where we live there is a HUGE diversity of all different types of people. My companion is Hermana Carney. She is on her last transfer and only has 5 weeks left as a missionary.
There is a lot of planning that needs to get done in this area. We are splitting up our area into zones and then making on a HUGE map that we made. We are going to put pins and lable where all the members live along with making little note cards that have the members information, former investigators, in-active members and so forth. It makes it like a mini-area book so we figure out where we have apointments that day, for example zone 7 and then we take all the cards with us for that zone. If we have extra time we can look people up or if our apt cancels we have people to go visit and find new people to teach on the way. It is going to make our time and work 100 times more effective. I'm REALLY excited about it. So...that is how this area is going. We do have one Solid investigator named N*. She's ready to be baptized and has been investigating the church for a very long time, ok, maybe only a year or so but I think its been long enough for her :) She is 20. She used to be dating a less-active member but they just broke up which I am so grateful for. She use to be in gangs and stuff starting at age 10-a true story of a born and raise Brooklyn kid. Now she is 20, has a 3 year old and has changed her life around completely. She is really neat and...she gives me hope.
Thus, this is why I am going to continually ask for your prayers and support for the next five weeks. I see some traps of pit fall that I could easily fall into that I am very hessitant of. I want to make sure that when I have a new companion that I am still on my game, ready to go and work hard. I am determined to be 100% obedient and continue to work my hardest even if it means I'm working inside my apartment. It seems that at times in this area there has been some obidience issues. There are 8 Elders who live 10 blocks away from us right next to the church and...When I got here I just felt a peace and amazing feeling that Heavenly Father really has trust in me to be here right now. Sigh, I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with the confirmation that I need to be here because if I didn't have that I think I would feel even more lost. I love the members here. I feel like I can speak more spanish than I thought even though I know its not all that much. Thats is one of my struggles right now as well. Hermana Carney is not to into speaking Spanish. So my spanish-I am doing my best to read EVERYDAY from the Book of Mormon out loud and I just re-ordered the BOM in Spanish to listen to it. I have to have faith that if I read out loud every day in Spanish for at least 15/20 min that I will be able to speak Spanish when I need to. I've been able to when I need to so, I will do my best to continue to study my little heart out and speak as much as I can to who ever I can. I need to be better and fearless more people. Its been...sigh...This week I have been studying all about the refiners fire, Mal 3:2-3 or 3 Ne 24:2-3. I don't think I've ever studied such a specific topic for such a long time. I wish I could discribe and share all that I've learned. To say the least, a Consicrated missionary is one that is refined by fire. Its been an amazing study. I am still determined and maybe more than before to be and become a Consecrated Missionary.
One thing I've learned- a lot is determined by attitude. When I first arrived here I felt...I went to the dark side or something but doing my best to have a better attitude I see that this place, Brooklyn is amazing. I am really grateful I am here. I really do love being here. I don't love that our kitchen is infested by cockroaches but...its all about attitude right? :) Honestly though I am so grateful I am here even as hard as it is. I can clearly see how Heavenly Father has planted people, activities, things, all around me to support me through this difficult time. The Elders that we are working with, there are two Elders and us that are serving in the Midwood 2nd Spanish Ward, they are awesome. They are both new and know nothing about the area. Hermana Carney has been her for 7 transfers. 3 from when she started her mission and then returned and had three more here and is now on her 4th and final. Sigh. I know Heavenly Father is very aware of everthing that has gone on here and what needs to happen here. Your love, support and prayers mean EVERYTHING to me. Durring this extreemly difficult time I have felt the hand of the Lord, your prayers and love carry me through situations that I knew I could not do on my own. Oh how I love being a missionary. I truly do. I would never give it up willingly.
I love you soo sooo sooooo much. Rememeber Heavenly Father wants you to be happy and feel joy.
Have joy my lovely Family for life is great and we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fullness and purity.
Much Love,
Hermana Banaszewski
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment