Monday, June 7, 2010

6-7-09 #1

Hello Family!

How is everyone doing? What an amazing week! Have I told you lately HOW MUCH I LOVE being a missionary??? I do! I love it. There are super hard things that we go through as missionaries but it is incredible the support and strength I feel from the hand of the Lord in my life. It really is incredible. As you all know the things which have been going on here it really is amazing how much Heavenly Father has been lifting, supporting, and helping me to overcome or do things that I could not on my own. Things seem to be easier than I expect. Not because they are easy but because I can feel your prayers, I know you are there supporting me through everything I go threw and because I can feel the Lord walking beside me.


Last Thursday was a great day. Not only did I get packages but I got 3 letters in the mail. It was great! But...not only did I get mail but We taught for the first time together a man named Manuel. He is around 20. He is from Guatemala and awesome. They lesson was really good only because it was lead by the spirit. There were moments where I started to freak out and not know what to say. I prayed that we would do our best and then words just came out of my mouth. Come to find out after our lesson Hermana Carney felt the same way. She freaked out in her head and was doing they same thing-PRAYING! At the end of the lesson we had answered a lot of his questions and battled his Doubts. He thought if he came to church that we would force him to be baptized because that happened to him at a different church. Anyway, I'm excited to teach him again this coming week.

My time is running short, I've been on the computer too long. Spanish-its coming. I wish it was coming faster but it still is coming regardless of the many faults I have. As well on Thursday we taught English class. Hermana Carney taught the class and I gave the spiritual thought. She was amazed after the class. She said there were a couple miracles that I didn't know about. 1st was that one of the students explained to the other student what the Book of Mormon was after I asked her. I found out later this lady has been very against the spiritual thought but instead she was helping out. The other miracle was Hermana Carney said my Spanish during the lesson was almost perfect. She said my gramme was Really good. It surprised me because, to be honest my Spanish is...I'm the person that...I struggle but as long as people feel the spirit than that's all I care about. The gift of tongues is real. The teacher in Gospel Doctrine pointed me out at church yesterday as an example of this. It was funny. I thought, yes, I know my Spanish is horrible BUT when I need to speak I can. I have to put all my trust and all I can into this knowledge that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are my support, my all. THEY are who I must put my trust and faith in. As I do I will be OK. What I need to do will be able to be done. Sigh-now remembering that is what I need to do.

I am doing my best to become a consecrated missionary. I have a long ways to go but...I HAVE to become consecrated. I have to give my all to this work, to these people, to the Lord. This is not my work but the Lords. My time here is so short. I can not afford to waste any of it. Sunday a new investigator showed up to the church. It was another miracle from the week.

I love all of you so much. I can literally feel all of your prayers in my life. I pray for you often and love you SO much.
I think of you often and pray that all is well for you.

With Much Love,

Hermana Banaszewski

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about where you are serving and all that is going on with your mission. The best and hardest thing you may ever do? Right? Keep up the good work. Brooklyn sounds like such a wonderful challenge! Love, Sister Blaser

    ReplyDelete