Hello HELLO!!!
How is everyone??? OK, the update. Its been an interesting week to say the least. Its had many highs and many lows and I've sure learned a lot. My companion, Hermana Crandell is amazing. We love being together and working hard. She is a really hard working and pushes me along. Oh before I go any further I realize my spelling has gone to the wayside. I thought about how I spelled Hong Kong last week...hongchong. I was on the bus and realized it, I just laughed.
The work here is really good. Missionary work is sweet in many ways. It tastes sweet, like the tree of life sweet :) We have some really good investigaters right now that we are working with. One thing I'm learning a lot about is love. There are many times that I don't feel that I love the people as I should. I want to love more and unlock my heart more to the people. I love the people here but I want to love them more. New York is amazing. There are people from EVERYWHERE here and there are SO many people. New York is pretty much just as everyone thinks it is but really fun and the people are a lot nicer than everyone says they are. I love the people here. There is so much culture*.
The people in my Branch are amazing as well. I'm really starting to love them more and more as I get to know them, as they serve me and I seek to serve them. The other day we went to a members home for breakfast. It was snowing really hard on the way there. When we walked in she got a towel and wiped us off, gave us little slippers to wear and fed us some of the most glorious food. I have been so impressed with how some people treat the missionary's and very VERY humbled as well. Even though we walk about 10 miles a day I don't think I'm going to lose any weight :) We don't get feed all of the time but the times we do...wow...its a lot of food and you can't turn them down. Yesterday I got to eat, I don't know how to spell it, papusas! :) A Sister in our ward from El Salvador made them.
I'm learning a lot from being called to speak Spanish. One is that I can not do it on my own. I don't cry a lot but when I do its usually about Spanish. I've learned that one of my greatest talents is talking and being social however...Heavenly Father has made one of my greatest strengths my greatest weakness. I know I have many things to work on being a missionary but as of right now to do those things and be the best I can be I NEED to learn and be able to speak Spanish. Heavenly Father know exactly what I needed and has given it to me. He knows how to humble His children.
The work is so good here. The people are amazing. Even with the hard moments which are many the work is so good.
I love all of you so very much. I think about you so often and pray for your well fare. Keep working hard and feel the joy that Heavenly Father has to offer you...then go out and share it :)
Much Love,
Hermana Banaszewski
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment