Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 1, 2010

OK, I'm not sure how much time i have but I'll do my best. I have so much I want to say! Ahh! Ok, first note that I have a different e-mail address. The church updated our site and made us get different addresses. mine is Rachel.Banaszewski@myLDSmail.net

Ok, New York is amazing. I love every bit of it. The smell, the filth the...its been an adventure for sure and I know there is more to come. The people have been amazing though. They are not the "typical" New Yorkers that every one thinks they are. Actually no one is really from here. THey come from EVERY WHERE. I've only met a hand full of people that are born and raised from this area. Oh, I forgot to mention, I am in the Flushing Area, in the Flushing Spanish Branch, Queens Stake. I love it. Its...lots of people all of the time. THere are only two areas that the Chines Elders serve in and Flushing is one of them. There are chines people EVERYWHERE! Its great. Sometimes I feel like I'm in Hongchong or something. I just say Hola to everyone I meet and if they say it back then I try to talk with them. Its kinda fun and I've had some people stop me and say they don't speak spanish and then I laugh and say I don't either. Its kind of fun. My Companion is Hermana Crandell. She is AWESOME!!! She has been out for one year. SHe speaks spanish really well. THey last week everyone has been asking her where she's from thinking she's from spain or columbia because she speaks like a native. :) Lately its been SUPER cold here. THe other day I littlerally could NOT feel my feet because they were so cold.

We have some really great people we are teaching. On woman has been investigating the church for two years now. SHe is an amazing person though. On Thursday we met with her. We invited our mission Presidents wife to come with us, SIster Neilson. She speaks spanish as well but the neatest thing...we taught her in english so I knew what was going on and what was being said! Yeah! The spirit was so strong. Ahh, it was so good. I knew she felt the spirit. Her Husband was a less active member but now he's on fire. I asked her if she would be baptized and she said yes! We feel though that she still needs time to gain a greater testimony of the Book of Mormon and know when she's ready she will let us know and tell us when.

Being here I see how weak I am and how good I have it. I am so very blessed. I can't even discribe how blessed I am.

Right now we are really trying to focus more on the members and using them as member missionaries. If anyone has any ideas of how to involved the members more that would be great. OK, 1 min left. I love all of you so much. Take care of the missionaries in your area.

I know that this work is the work of God. God lives and is our Father in Heaven. Christ is our Savior.

I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Read ALma 58:37

Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment