OK! I have so much I want to write and say and so little time. First I am going to try to answer some questions I've gotten. My Companion, Hermana Crandell-She is amazing. She reminds me a lot of Amy in some ways. She is from Herber, AZ, 23 Graduated from ASU in teaching as is applying for grad school right now actually.
New York-Queens is awesome. It is SO divers. The other day I met someone from EGYPT! It was really neat. People here are from EVERYWHERE. I really think by the time I leave NY that I will have met someone from every part of the world.
Last week we had an extremely bad blizzard. I thought it was so much fun. We were outside bus contacting but there really were not that many people out. Our Mission President asked us to spend the night inside planning for the next week because the weather was so bad. It snowed about 18+ inches in one day. :) I have no boots either. I could have bought some but I don't want to until I have to. I don't want to carry them around with me for the summer but my KEEN shoes are awesome! I haven't really had any problems with my feet getting wet. I just let me companion walk in front of me and its great. New York is just as everyone says it is. There is graffiti everywhere, more people than you could imagine and its awesome. I absolutely love it. LOVE NEW YORK!
Being a missionary is amazing. I can not believe that I am blessed with this opportunity. I'm not going to lie though, its been hard. Spanish is a beast but I am ready to slay the beast these next two months. I HAVE to learn Spanish and be able to speak it fluently. I don't know why but I have a deep feeling that I NEED to be able to do so NOW. I've recognized that I can and need to work much harder though. My companion is helping me a lot and very patient.
I've learned a lot of lessons about really giving up everything I have and going to work. As hard we are working I need to work smarter and harder.
We have some amazing people we are teaching right now. So many of them are close to baptism but the advisary is working hard to keep them from the blessings that await them. I don't see them as "investigators" but as children of our Heavenly Father that so desperately wants them to return to Him.
I know that this is not mans work but Gods. If it was mans...oh...it would be bad. I have seen so many miracles here, simple but sweet.
I love all of you so very much but know that Heavenly Father Loves you more :)
Hermana Banaszewski
Do any of you have an good, easy object lessons?
- Show quoted text -
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment