Monday, April 19, 2010

4-19-2010 #3

OK- 15 min, lets see what I can get down :)

Things are going really well. I love Hermana Gonzalez. She is a solid missionary and I really think we are going to learn and grow a lot this transfer. Ok- Last week I wrote a little bit about this blind man M* that Hna Crandell and I met at the Post Office. He is SO COOL! He's come to English class twice and we've walked him to and from. I don't even know how to describe him. He is from Columbia and just, AWESOME. He tells us Bible stories as we walk and acts them out sometimes on the street. :) Honestly he is a really neat man. He's son in Columbia is a member. I had bought the BOM on CD in SPA to help me learn Spanish better. M* has talked about listening to the Bible all the time, he prays a lot too and correctly which is a big thing. SO on Sat on the way back from English class I gave him the BOM on CD. I was so excited. He-I just have such a love for him. I think the Elders are going to start teaching him because he is a single man and as Sisters in this area-only- we are not allowed to teach single men. I told the Elders with a strong voice to take care of him.

More and more I am developing love for these people. WE are still teaching Y* but she hasn't been progressing. She knows its true and its good but she hasn't been reading in the Book of Mormon and she hasn't come to church yet. She wants to but work seems to be getting in the way. She has two crazy boys, 3 and 5. She works from 3pm to sometimes 3 am. She is awesome though. I feel as though she is one of my really good friends. I've texted her scriptures to read in...in SPANISH :) and its been good. I also have felt so much love for the members. The members mean SO much to me. Feeling their love, eating their food and being able to serve them makes the hard moments go away. Take good care of the missionaries, they truly need your love. There is one member, who teaches Gospel principles, Hermana Z* who I am also really good friends with. She told me she was pregnant but hasn't told anyone else :) I can see more and more how much I really love these people. There are so many times its hard because communication can be hard but the love is there. Last night I was able to share a spiritual thought in ALL SPANISH! at the S* family. We eat there every Sunday night. She made the BEST pupusas EVER. Hna Gon. said she was really proud of me. It made me feel like $100! I still struggle a lot but it was good. Spanish is getting better. I have days were I don't understand anything and then moments where I have a full fledged conversation. Everyday I pray that I will be able to speak. This is something I'm really fighting for. I know I can't give up as much as I think it would be easier. Its such a blessing for me to be learning Spanish.

Lately I've really been working on effectiveness. Being more effective in ALL that I am and do.

I love you so much. The days I can't go on my own I feel the strength of the Lord carrying me. Knowing that I have support from those I love makes ALL the difference as well.

Much Love,

Hermana Banaszewski

p.s. The "Yellow lady" is still alive. I was finally able to talk with her son but we still don't know who died lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment