Hello Family!
How is everyone??? Wow, what a week. It seemed for some reason to be an extra difficult week. Why? I'm not sure but its been good. Now the week is over I am grateful for it. So Hermana Crandell is transferring to another area. Tomorrow is transfer meetings in Rego Park. She's been here, in Flushing for 6 mo. Its a long time but that seems to be the theme for Flushing. Flushing is an area that doesn't have as many Spanish speaking people as other area but we seem to have the most missionaries here. Heavenly Father truly knows exactly what we need and when we need it. I needed to be here, in Flushing and New York. More than ever in my life I am being humbled. Humility seems to be a theme of my mission and more than ever I see how much I truly need to rely on the hand of the Lord and not my own. Speaking of which, usually when your companion transfers out you don't find out who your next companion is until Tuesday in transfer meeting when they read the names off. I was really nervous about getting a new companion. Hermana Crandell has been perfect for me and we've become good friends. Also with her leaving I'm taking over the area. I've been nervous because I don't want to drop the ball on anything. I see how valuable this work is and the people we are working with. Well, Heavenly Father really knows us well. On Sat night the call came in that Hermana Crandell was going to be leaving, which we all expected. But then... :) I got the news that Hermana Gonzolas was going to be my companion. Usually they don't tell you but they had to tell us because she is in my apartment already. She has been companions with Hna Stephens and knows the area pretty well already. Whew! What a relief! I'm really excited about being with her. In the picture she is the one with brown eyes and brown hair. She is from CA and when to BYU-Idaho as well. She goes home in Dec. so she already knows Spanish REALLY well and is just an awesome missionary.
Anyway-that's what is going to be new this coming week. Please pray for me. Its my first major change in the field and I just want to be the best I can be.
Updates :)
My Spanish- Its coming. Last Sunday I was having a REALLY hard time with my Spanish and just started crying at a members house. Oh well. It is coming more though. Some days I can understand about 80% of what people say and other times nothing. It has to come more. I have to be able to speak more Spanish. It sure has been a painful experience but I know I have help from heaven and I've been called by a prophet of the Lord to speak Spanish so I will. I HAVE TO-sigh :)
Ok-I only have a few more min so I'll send this part 1 first and then finish up my next 30min :)
I hope all of you know how much I love you
Hermana Banaszewski
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment