Monday, January 31, 2011

1-31-11













Hey Family,

It was another great week to be a missionary! Guess what? Hermana Sorenson is getting transferred. I am extremely sad about this. She is going to Brooklyn though where I served so its been fun talking about all of the amazing members out there. And...I am training for the second time. Yikes!!! Can you believe that? I sure can't! All I have to say is I will need all the love I can get. Tomorrow I will find out who my new companion is and just do my best to help her and love her up.

This week was really good. We were really lead by the spirit in all the things we had to do. We had planned places to go and things to do but in the end we found ourselves where we needed to plan more and prepare for the coming transfer. Neither of us knew what was going to happen next transfer but we worked really hard to get everything up to date and create a member book here. I feel ready for the coming week and the area is doing really well.

This last transfer we have had a lot of miracles. One is with Ol* and St*. When Hna Sorenson was here last she was teaching them. Some how the missionaries either lost contact with them or were not able to teach them anymore. When Hna Sorenson came back they had moved into a members apt, Hna Me*. On Friday we were able to teach them the plan of Salvation. Ol* is 10 and St* 7 turning 8 in April. There mother is a less-active and doesn't want anything to do with the church anymore but is OK with her children learning and going to church. On Sunday they came to church! We are going to work really hard with teaching their father and really feel like he will be the key to helping all of them progress. There have been miracles all over this week. They may seem small to some people but to us they are huge. On Sat we were on the bus heading to the Street Sweep from looking up a referral. On the way we were about to pass another Less-actives house that I have never met but that Hna Sorenson use to teach and we wanted to work with again. On the bus I really felt that we should get off and look this man up. We weren't sure if we would make it on time to the street sweep because the busses were really bad with all of the snow. So we took the risk, got off the bus and looked them up. They were home and I was able to meet them before Hna Sorenson leaves the area. We are planning to work with them this week in hopes to help them come back to church.


Well my time is almost up. I am super sad that Hna Sorenson is going to be leaving. I will be here with a BRAND NEW missionary! Woot! I have about 12 weeks left in my mission, NOT enough time. I know I will be here for at least half of that and I'm not sure if I will finish my mission here or not.

I love all of you very much. It is incredible how much the hand of the Lord is in all of this work. Christ lives. He loves us. Keep it up family and know that I love you.

Love,

Hermana Banaszewski

PS-Please pray for my Spanish especially with training again and that all will be well. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment