



Study is always more fun with gummies!
Nijas at English class
This guy came into the church drunk and we saw him later outside on the street.
New Years fun with Silly String
New York sun rise
Whipping up some breakfast
Hey Family!!!
It was another great week to be a missionary! Can I just say, again, I LOVE doing this work! I LOVE IT! It as sure a crazy week. We had a lot going on and a lot of different things happen.
On Wed we were able to go to Manhattan to visit the Va* Family. There youngest boy was burned but he is doing really well. We have really been focusing on working with their family so we called President on Tuesday night and he said we could GO!!! We weren't sure if he would let us go or not but it was sure a blessing to be able to go. When we got there the boy was doing really well. We brought some food for Hna Va* which was a big help for her. Right before we left the hospital she found out he was getting released! He was only there from Sat night to Wed. When he first came in the doctors told him he would be there for at least 15 days. Power of the Priesthood.
On Sat we had a street sweep. I was really excited about it. I found out that from out last street sweep in Jamaica that there is someone who is going to be baptized! I was so excited to hear that. After talking to the other sisters who live with us and more about the man I think I remember contacting him on the street! That last street sweep was a lot of fun. I felt so filled, energetic and ready to go! It is always easy to doubt and have fear while contacting people, especially in New York, you never know who your going to get. I remember the man walking by, he passed about 4 missionaries. I thought, he doesn't look like he would have an interest at all. He is Indian and most of the time they tell us they are Muslim and do not believe in Jesus Christ. Then I just found myself talking with him. I brought him over to the table we had set up and other missionaries began talking with him and I went to go contact more people. Can you believe that he's is going to be baptized this coming Sunday. The Elders that have been teaching him are awesome and they say that he is ready. Miracles continue to happen.
The street sweep we had on Sat was really fun. It was SUPER cold outside. I had about every warm thing I own on and at the end I still couldn't feel my toes. It was really neat though because I talked to a lot of really neat people. We also sang hymns in the street and I really felt the spirit. Before the street sweep I was studying faith. Hna Sorenson and I have been talking about things we feel we are lacking and I think for me lately it has been faith. We work SUPER hard but I need to strengthen my faith with the work that we are doing. I felt the strength that we can have as we have a greater faith while talking with people.
I don't have much time but so much I want to say, so instead of going into detail I'll just put it out there. Sunday was CRAZY!!! I felt like I was in a circus. I sang in sacrament meeting with another missionary and Hna Pe*. It was really good and one of the best time I've ever sang. Then there was a baptism. The water wasn't going fast enough and all of the hot water was gone when the fount was only 5 inches deep. Hna Sorenson ended up filling the font up with pots of water for about 30 min. It was fun but crazy running around. The Ca* boy was baptized. We have been working with is family. I LOVE them so much. Hna Ca* was SO happy. I have never seen an 8 yr old so emotional at his own baptism before. His sister was too.
The Mi*'s are still doing well. They are reading and coming to church. I can't believe how quickly they are starting to progress. It is only a matter of time before they are baptized as well. Ro* is great. She came to church on Sunday and we are still teaching her. She needs prayers.
Ar* and Hna Pe* are awesome. I love them so much. Ar* received his blessing yesterday. He is incredible! I can not even discibe how much I love those two people.
All I have been able to think about this morning is how much I love these people. It is incredible how much I love them. One thing that I have seen on my mission is that its all about love. That is our goal, to love these people up. Miracles happen when we love people. When we teach with love, they change. When we serve with love, they feel it.
I love all of you very much. We have to run to our Zone activity and trust me, I would love to keep writing. Most importantly I hope all of you feel the spirit while reading this and know how much Heavenly Father loves all of you.
I LOVE YOU,
Love,
Hermana Banaszewski



No comments:
Post a Comment