Monday, January 24, 2011

1-24-11














Hno & Hna Vasquez
Casarez Family minus Hno
A party after a baptism
The Diaz Family at their youngest daugher's baptism
Marshmallow gun wars
Breakfast for the Nunez family
Makin' breakfast
Oopse!
Zone marshmallow gun wars
Hna Mejorada, Ethan and a baby they were babysitting
Making jumping frogs with Fatima and Johnny



Hey Family,

Can I just say...It was another GREAT week to be a missionary! I LOVE LOVE LOVE life right now! I feel so good. I'm dead exhausted everyday. Hna Sorenson work as hard as we can and have doing everything to strengthen our faith.

Saturday we had another Street Sweep in Jamaica. We talked to some pretty neat people. One man, he was HUGE, came up to me as I was filling up cups of hot co co ( We were giving out free co co to get people to check out our table and so we could talk with them) and went off about how Christ will come again to the earth in the flesh and that we have a purpose to having our bodies. I agreed with everything he said. He was a little confused and just expected me to bash with him. Then he changed his topic to prophets. He said, where is the prophet? We are suppose to have a prophet on the earth. Christ said he would never leave his people alone, and so forth. I looked at him in the eyes, even though his eyes where about 2 feet higher than mine and said, "We have a prophet." He was surprised and stuttered on his words. Then he asked who this prophet was over. I replied, "He is the prophet of the world." He then asked me what he prophecied of and I explained. I felt the spirit testify to me that what I was saying was true. The man then left but I was at least able to leave him with a pass-along-card. It was a really fun and COLD street sweep. We'll have another one this Saturday as well.

This week was all about loving people up. We have seen how much love these people really need. We were working on loving our investigators, the members, less-actives, all of them. We have seen some pretty big differences with people as we focus on loving them. We made cup cakes for a family and brought them by. We made breakfast for two families and so forth. It has been so much fun. The members have been a lot more open to help us and...our investigators are moving forward as they know that we truly do love them and aren't there for any other reason.

The Mi* family is doing well. They are still reading in the Book of Mormon together as a family. They really could be baptized at anytime. We have been doing everything we can to help them. They are still changing and learning a lot. We are praying for a miracle with them. They will be baptized some day, it is just a matter of the right time.

We started teaching a man named Al*. Hna Winfield and I started teaching him but then it was really hard to get in contact with him. We taught him on Friday and he remembered A LOT from our first lesson with him. He will progress a lot as long as we can keep teaching him and he comes to church.

So, as usual there is a lot I would like to write about but time is short and it is FREEZING in the place we are doing e-mail today.

I want to tell you about a neat experience from yesterday. We had planned to go cook breakfast for Ro* and her family Sunday morning. This is where the original idea come to cook breakfast for people came from. Well, we couldn't get a hold of them in the morning but we felt we should just go anyway. We got everything together and walked to the bus stop. Right before we got on the bus the English Elders texted us and told us that Ar* was not at church. He has been struggling. We thought, maybe we should go over there and cook the Pe*'s breakfast. We stood there and thought about it as we waited for another bus. Then the 2nd bus came. I turned to Hna Sorenson, "I really don't feel like getting on this bus" So we decided to show up at the Pedraza's. We called Hna Pe* 5 min before we got there. She was happy to have us over but wanted to know if it was OK because she was still in her jammies. lol. We got there and when we rang the bell Ar* RAN to the bathroom. He had no idea that we were coming. It ended up being a really good thing. We didn't say anything to him about not going to church, he knew where he needed to be. Hna was SOOOO happy. She was beaming! She said she hadn't had anyone cook her breakfast like that in YEARS!!! It was such a blessing to us and to them. Later that night we went over again and talked to them about how much Heavenly Father Loves them. They are incredible people and I know that I am hear to help them feel how much God loves them. We are praying for Ar* and that he will get back into things.

It is so easy to doubt, think less of our selves, and struggle in this life. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. That is why He sent His son, Jesus Christ to rescue us and be a comfort and guide. I love being here. Next week will be interesting. Saturday we will get transfer calls : / Hna Sorenson and I really want to stay together again but it really doesn't seem likely. Please pray that whatever happens will be the will of the Lord, I know it will be.

I love all of you so very much. Thank you for all of your love and support. I pray every time I write e-mails that you can feel the spirit while reading them and know how much I love being here.

Have a great week, I'll be praying for all of you,

Love,

Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment