Monday, July 5, 2010

7-5-10

Hello Family!

Happy 4th of July! Can you believe it, I almost forgot it was the 4th. Our day wasn't any different other than at night after we had finished planning and getting ready for bed we went up on the roof and watched some fireworks from far away. It was really fun to be able to look all around New York and see fireworks going off everywhere. There were none going off close by but we could see about 15 different sets going off. It was fun. We were only able to watch for about 10 or less min and then go to bed.

Life is really good. EXTREEMLY crazy. I can NOT believe it. My companion is going home and...Wow...Big breath...I am training. What?! You wondering how my Spanish is? Yeah, me too. lol. Yes, I am training starting tomorrow on my birthday. I was surprised even though the other sisters in our pad (That is what they call our apartments here) keep teasing me I was going to train this transfer. I thought, HA! no way, if you understood my Spanish and how horrible it was than you wouldn't be saying that. Well, here I am, training. It is going to be a fun but crazy transfer. President told me I was training last Tuesday when he interviewed me. All he said was, "Well I'm glad your doing so well. That will be great for when you train next transfer." I took a DEEP breath and thought, oh wow. Actually I didn't have many thoughts. I was in a daze. He asked me how I felt about it and I said good then I asked the most important question, "How is her Spanish?" Thinking that the only way I would be training would be if she was a native Spanish speaker. His response, "Well, she learning." All I could say back was, "Well President, we will be seeing a lot of miracles next transfer."

We will be experiencing A LOT of miracles next transfer. It is incredible with how many miracles I have already seen or experienced and I can't even imagine what is in store for us next transfer. I am really excited and at the same time...nervous. There are a lot of changes that need to take place in this area. Sister Da La Mare who lives in the same pad as I will be training as well and two new sisters are being whitewashed in. This is the perfect time to make the missionary cultural changes that need to happen here. This is an amazing area, there is SO much work to get done here. It is going to be A LOT of work but I know great things away this area and the people that live here. Today we had a random woman walk up to us, ask what religion we were from and ASK for a Book of Mormon. She lives close to the church and is looking for a church to go to. WoW! This is a mighty year of change and miracles for our mission and I am seeing that as the year is getting closer to end, for us our goal is by Oct 31 for our 800 baptisms, that we will see the miracles picking up and people coming to us more and more.

I have been so amazed with the Atonement this transfer. Of course I am all of the time but it has been incredible to watch and partake of the Atonement in a whole new way. Sister Carney is awesome. I have seen her change and improve so much. We have not become buddy buddy but instead we have come closer to the Lord together. She will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. I've learned so much from her and from seeking to do my very best to follow the spirit. I have really been impressed with how the Atonement has played a part in her life this transfer.

This morning I was studying Alma 26. Verse 12 has been the theme of my mission. "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." I'm sure this theme will continue especially as I train a new missionary next transfer. I have already seen a huge jump in my Spanish lately. I will be honest, my Spanish is still horrible but I have confidence that when I need to speak to someone I will be able to and when I need to understand them I will be able to with the gift of the spirit. I must have grater faith in the Lord and believe that this next transfer I will not only see many miracles but that I will be a miracle. This thought came into my mind very softly but with great power that I need to believe that I will be a miracle in all aspects of this work and not just in my Spanish. All that I lack can and will be made up as I seek to always be guided by the Gift of the Holy Ghost, be exactly obedient, and work hard. I'm excited to work hard and know it will be exactly that, hard but good.

As way for those we are teaching Celia has accepted a baptismal date for the 25th of July. We are so excited for her. She really wants to be baptized. She has been coming to church on her own with her 3 little children. The other day she asked us what the responsibilities where when becoming a member of the church. We explained some and that regardless of what we are asked to do Heavenly Father will give us strength to do it and will not ask us to do something we can not do. Yesterday we taught about the 10 commandments and then she asked us again about other responsibilities she would have once she is a member. So we taught a bunch of mini lessons on the word of wisdom, which she had NO problem giving up coffee, I was SO happy. She was happy to give it up to become a member. Then we continued with Law of Chastity and so forth. She is GREAT with everything except...sigh...she is not married to the man she is living with and calls her husband. She and her "husband" are still legally married to there first spouses. So...we need to have 2 divorces and 1 marriage and 1 baptism all happen in 3 weeks. Eek...can it happen? YES! How? I have no idea but if it is right, and Heavenly Father wants one of his daughters to be baptized than I know it can happen. We are going to need a lot of prayers for this to happen and help to understand all of this in Spanish as well. Miracles do happen.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day. Hermana Carney goes home, I begin training a new missionary, its my birthday, and we have so much to do. I am excited and pray I will have the strength it will take to do what needs to be done. Tonight we are going over to the Cuevas family for Hermana Carney and Sister Iserts last Dinner Appointment. I am extremely excited to be with them as well. Their son was just baptized on Saturday. I have never seen so many people at a baptism here before. They are such an example to me of the type of family I want to have some day.

I am honored to be here. I love being a missionary. It is hard, it is amazing. I know this is the work of the Lord. Who am I to think I can mess it up. I know that Christ lives. This, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His church that He established while on the earth. It has the power of God, the proper priesthood authority to perform baptisms, heal the sick, and administer the sacrament every week. How grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I would be nothing without the precious gift of our Savior. Thank you for all of your support, love, and prayers. I will really need them this coming week and transfer.

I love all of you so much,

Love,

Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment