A baptism on 10-10-10 of a 10 year old girl
I love NY!
Richmond Hill Chapel
Hello family,
Again this week I don't have as much time as I wish I did. I spent more time responding individually to e-mails. This week has been good. Honestly it has been a struggle. I know this work is important to the Lord.
Al* was baptized this Sunday! Yeah! It was a great feeling. We were able to teach her and it went so well. It was really cute what she said as we were teaching her as well. We asked her the baptismal questions and asked her if she had ever committed any crime. She said yes! (did I tell you this already) I thought, what?! We talked about it and she said when she was in kindergarten that she stole her friends money and used it to buy ice cream. She was so funny. I was impressed with the great testimony she has of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She is an incredible young girl and I pray she will stay faithful for the rest of her life.
This week I have seen so many of my weaknesses. I have struggled in every way I possibly could. I know that I need to develop greater love. I need not be selective with who or when I love someone. So, this week I am going to study charity.
I wish I could describe some of the experiences that I've had this week. There were two people that really stand out to me. As we went over to teach them they opened up to us and cried. They cry because they feel the love of our Savior for them, how much our Heavenly Father has for them, how much they want to change and improve their lives. It is incredible to me to watch these people. To be able to get to know people on such an intimate level. I love this work. I recognize I am nothing but a servant of the Lord all at the same time. I have so much to improve in my life. I pray that this week I will be able to do so.
How is everyone else doing? All I ever do is get on and talk about how things are going. How is home? Those I miss and love? Anything fun, exciting, hard going on?
This week Hna Winfield and I have both found comfort in watching some of the Mormon messages. We have been doing our best to work and do what the Lord would have us do.
I love each one of you so much. My heart aches at times for the wretched person that I am. I have so many weaknesses, my Spanish is horrible, and my Christlike attributes are not where they need to be but I am doing my best. I will keep each one of you in my prayers. Thank you for all of your prayers. They keep me going when I can not go on my own any more.
With Much Love,
Hermana Banaszewski



No comments:
Post a Comment