Hello everyone!
Ok, this week I have sent some individual e-mails and tried to spend more time on those. I don't have a lot of time but I'll do my best this week.
This week was pretty hard. We were able get a lot done but for some reason, unknown to me, the week was just extra hard. We had an investigator come to church again, hi name is Hugo. I've talked about them before, the Acosta Family. They are really neat. We have high hope for them and for Hugo to be baptised. We taught them last night and taught about the Plan of Salvation. The lesson went really well but I felt that I lacked so much. I am so grateful that we are not the one teachings but instead the Holy Ghost. I felt the spirit while teaching and I know they did as well. As we left thier home I felt as though there was so much I could have done better. Feelings of inadeqicies have helped me be even more grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Even though I lack so very much, expecially as a missionary, I know that as I do my very best and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost all will be made up for through Jesus Christ.
This last week we were able to go to Manhattan for a Doctors appointment for Hermana Reed. She is just fine it was just for a persciption. When we go to Manhattan we are only allowed to go to the appointment and back home. We got off at Herold Square and got there 45 min early. We brought our lunches and ended up eating at herold square. It was neat to see a little more of Manhattan. I was very taken back by the world. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to not think about the world. I saw more and more how important it is to never be part of the world. We have to live in the world but never be part of it. My stomach litterally turned while there thinking about the state of the world. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that it is such a part of my life. It IS my life.
This morning I woke up and while doing my morning streches the words, "I can speak spanish!" came out of my mouth! What?! I can what? I still don't believe or think I can. I asked Herman Reed what she thought. She just laughed at me and said you can have a conversation, you can speak spanish. So, from now on, I'm saying I can speak spanish! I still struggle A LOT with it and there is a lot I don't understand and can not say correctly but I'm doing my best. I know that when I need to speak Spanish I can. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
This year in our mission we have had a goal to baptize 800 people. When I first got here I thought, that is not enough. The end of this "year goal" is the 31st of Oct. We have about 450 people that need to be baptized from now until the end of October. Elder Tacxiea of the 70 came and spoke to the missionary leaders. He said that this goal is still possible to reach and succeed. We might not understand how it will happen but it can. I know it can. We need to continually be praying to reach this goal, that people will be ready to hear about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and that they will accept the invitation from a Representitive of Jesus Christ to follow His example and be baptized. I've greatly realized that I must exhort greater faith and trust more fully on the arm of our Savior Jesus Christ.
I am weak and can do nothing on my own but with the Lord I can do all things. Following the promtings of the Holy Ghost, being rightous, and serving feels so good. We helped two families move on Sat. They are both moving to Mexico and are great families. Our Ward is really going to miss them but it felt so good to help them move to where they need to be. It is right for them to be moving. THey had everything extreemly organized and ready to go. Even though I know it was stressful for the parents you could feel their excitement and happiness to go where they are needed.
I have high hopes for this week. We will continue to work as hard as we possibly can. There is so much work to be done here. I love all of you so much. The work is moving forward. I need to apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ more fully in my life and trust in Christ more fully. I am doing my best and working as hard as I possibly can. The work is exciting to do and feels so good knowing that others can feel the joy the gospel blesses my life with.
I love all of you so much and continue to pray for you. I can't wait to hear more from you.
Much Love,
Hermana Banaszewski
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment