Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 17, 2010

Hello Everyone!

What a week! It was a rough one but I'm ready to pound the pavement again and work even harder. I feel like I'm such a medioker missionary, or however you spell that :) I'm tired of being a "good" missionary and ready to crush it or as I always say in spanish, aplastalo! I've learned a lot of really important lession on persivering, pushing through, pushing yourself but not so much that you get down on yourself. I've found that is one way the advisary really works on me. When I start to feel that I am a horrable missionary I just get depressed and down. THings are going really well here. I have no reason to get so down on myself. I just want to be the best missionary I can be for these people. I can't even discribe how much I love these people. I'm thinking about them constantly. What we can teach them, how we can serve them...how they can have true happiness in there lives.

I'm an AUNT!!! WOOT WOOT!!! That baby better watch out! I'm going to eat her up when I get home but no one told me her name lol! So...whats her name?

OK-This e-mail has been kind of all over the place. I was working on sending picture and printing off the ones of the little baby so I don't have a lot of time to type but I'll do my best. C and J are planning to go to the Temple this Sat to do baptisms for the first time. I'm SOOOOOOO excited. We will be a ble to go as well. Please pray that it will happen. That everything will work out and that we will be able to go. The rules is that if we are teaching a recent convert that has never been to the temple before and they go then we get to go with them :) YES!!! But Please pray everything will work out. I know if it is supppose to happen it will but some prayers to make sure everyones schedual works out and they get there interviews would be MUCH appriciated :)

I can not believe how much I love the members of the Flushing 1 branch. Every Sunday feels like one of the best days of my life. We had one investigator at church which is M's (The recent convert Dominican woman) grand-daughter who we've just started teaching. Even though it was only one it was still ONE! But what I really love is the members. Yesterday L, who I knew at BYU-I knew that I LOVE brownies and have only had them one other time in NY which was from her, brought a brownie at chruch for me. It was a small act but it made me feel so good that someone thought of me and saw me as a human.

Every Sunday we go over to the Familia S home. THey are amazing as well. They don't have a whole lot but they give give give. She makes some of the best food I've ever eatten here and I always leave wanting to die because I eat so much. They always tell really funny stores but most importantly they are awesome members of the church that are truely seakiing to serve our Savior Jesus Christ and build His kingdom one step at a time.

The other night we had an appointment with a woman named F who we visit every Sunday. She wasn't home so we went looking for her nieghbor who might know if she was in the hospital again. We didn't find her so we knocked on a members door in the same building. THey are the D's. OH HOW I LOVE THEM. He is in the bishopric and she is J's mother. They were playing a card game and we played for a coulpe min as we talked. We shared a scripture Moroni 7:33 about Faith and then Hno talked to us about missionary work. Needless to say it was exactly what I needed to hear and has given me the boost I need for this coming week.

OK-times up. I hope all of you know how much I love our Savior Jesus Christ. This is His work. I feel so honored to be a member of the church and be able to feel and have a fullness of joy regardless of how crazy this world may be at times.

I love all of you more than I could ever express. Have a wonderful week. Ps-THis week we are having a special conference with a member of the 70 Elder Ringwood. I'm excited.

I love you,

Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment