Hello Family!
It was so SO good to talk with everyone yesterday. That was great and I'm really glad that today is preparation day so our conversations aren't distracting me too much :) So I never told you about this new family we are teaching, or at least I never did on the phone. We are ALMOST teaching them that is. I've told you about M before, she came to General Conference and really wants to learn Enlshish more. Well last week we went over to there home again and worked on some English with her sister as well. We left with them an Ensign to read in English and when they do not understand a word to high-light it and then we would go over it more when we come back. Its a bitter-sweet thing with them. We also taught them about the word of wisdom as the topic of tea was brought up. They love having us over which is not typical (not typical that they WANT us over) and they have a different light in there eyes but we need to be teaching them more about the gospel and switch our lessons to be more about our message than English. We've been transitioning more and more which is good and developing the relationship we need to have with them but I...they are such an amazing family. I hope and pray that when, not if :) when we start teaching them more about the gospel that they will accept it.
On Saturday night we had the NEATEST ward activity. It was an activity to celibrate the mothers. It was really well done. They had Kariokee and lots and LOTS of food. Don't worry, we didn't sing and we left after the first two songs :) Mostly I just loved being around the members. THey are everything to me right now. They have so much love and...I can't imagin not being around them.
Ok-Things I don't think I've ever told you about my mission or at least my area. The CitiField, where the Mets play along with the stadium where they US open is held is all in the area I'm serving in right now. Every Wed we go to Flushing Meadows park and do service. This is a HUGE park and beautiful. The missionaries in this area have been talking care of two GIANT rose gardents for the last 8 or so years. We clean up the garbage, rake, cultivate, trim the bushes...the whole thing. It is just a stress reliever to be out working with our hands in a BEAUTIFUL place. Trivial fact-In our Zone there are 16/18 missionaries and only 2 of them have been called to speak spanish. The rest are Spanish, Chinez, or Korean. Neat hu?
Last week I wrote about how great they week was and that I was worried the coming week something bad was going to happen. Well...it wasn't the easiest week of my mission. I learned a lot of important things. One thing that has really been on my mind is that of Charity, love, and the Atonement. THis morning I was thinking a lot about the power of love. Love can really heal a broken heart. Christ is the ultimit example of Charity. Charity is Christ-like Love. With that-how is the Atonement connected to Love. Our Savior Jesus Christ Suffered and died for us because of His love for us and for our Father in Heaven. I know that because of the love He exerted for us and the love of our Father in Heaven we have been blessed with a plan, a plan to be able to learn and grow, experience live, have a body, feel joy, and when we make a mistake, feel pain...we can apply the love of Christ, the Atonement into our lives. How increadable. What a gift a Father could give to His children. I know the Atonement is real. I know that the love of our Savior Jesus Christ can heal a broken heart, it can heal the world.
I am humbled and honored to be called as a missionary. I still wake-up and think, "What?! Is it true? Am I REALLY a missionary YES! I am!" I've learned that so much of live has to do with our attitude and our perspective on life and those around us. We could be in the mist of suffering and pain but still experience pure joy, or we could be laying on a beach on a perfect day and feel misery. How is your day going to be?
I love all of you so very much. I have so much improving to do in my life and I am doing my best. Thank you so much for you love and support.
Love,
Hermana Banaszewski
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment