Monday, September 20, 2010

Sept 20, 2010





Hey Family!!!

Wow! I am just loving life right now! I've spent a lot of time responding to each of you personally so my time to write a huge e-mail isn't very much. That is ok, I'll be simple today. Most importantly I've realized that I need to have more faith. This week Hermana Reed and I have been working really hard to help our investigators that have a baptism date; Na*, Is* and Hu*. Is* is AMAZING!!! Her desire to be baptized is still increadable. Last week we had a lesson with her that was clearly guided and directed by the spirit. She has such a strong spirit. Hermana Reed and I were exhausted but we felt we needed to see Is*. When we got there she told us about how much she has read in the Book of Mormon and began to cry. She feels such a heavy guilt from all that has happened in her life. She is just amazing. As we talked about her life and the Atonement we were also able to laugh as she said, "I have made such a mess of my body. What have I done?" Hermana Reed and I both gave all we could in the lesson. I bore my heart out about the Atonement. I know that because Christ is our Savior, died for us, suffered for our sins, our pains, and lives again, that we can feel a relief from our grief. Words could not describe how I feel about our Savior, Jesus Christ. Needless to say, Is* is doing great! The only problem is that she is still in the hospital which means she hasn't been able to go to church yet.

This morning our Zone Leader called and talked to us about those we have committed for baptism. We've had a lot of good success with having people commit to be baptized however helping them keep this commitment has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. Satan does not want these people to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. As I was talking with Elder Flores on the phone we came to the conclusion that this week Hermana Reed and I are going to do ALL we can to help Na* to be baptized this Sunday. She has investigated the church for over a year now, she knows its true, and has gone to church about 30+ times. She could be baptized this week. We have been struggling contacting her and her desire to be baptized has gone down. As I hung up the phone I realized that I need to have greater faith. Do I really believe that Na* will be baptized this week, this Sunday??? YES! It is going to take more faith than I have. This morning I spent my entire personal study on faith. For companionship study Hermana Reed and I took some special time to talk about what needs to have happened for Na* to be baptized. I know that I lack so much as a missionary, as a person in general but I know that if this is the will of God, which I believe it is that Na* will be baptized this week. I have to recognize that she has her agency but Hermana Reed and I are going to do all we can and focus all of our efforts on helping her to make her first covenant with God.

This last week I have felt more and more love for and from the members here. The members are amazing. I have seen such a huge difference in the area here. Hermana Reed and I both feel that the members trust and love us as missionaries very much. We have been bringing members with us more and more to teach. On Friday we were also able to go to an activity where most of the members were. My heart swelled for these people. It is increadble to me how much love I have for them. On that note, this coming week is the last week of the transfer. :( I have been here for 3 transfers and 2 with Hermana Reed. I am really...I don't want to be transfered but...I know I can't stay here forever. I pray that what every happens I will feel at peace and the pain of leaving these people I love so much wont hurt as much as I am anticipating.

On a funny note, Hermana Reed and I have ate so much food I...I am determined to work out like crazy when I get home. We ate so much food one night Hermana Reed and I both threw up. Sick hu? Companionship unity right?

I have so much more I could say but I will leave it at that. I love being here. We have A LOT of work to do this week and I need to have greater faith. I love hearing how everyone is doing and I miss all of you very much. I know the church is true and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way we can have and experience true joy and happiness.

Much Love,

Hermana Banaszewski

No comments:

Post a Comment